Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday, and I am writing this from the office.

Over the past year, I have...

1. Taught 100 over university students, ranging from 1st to 2nd year. I am glad that I have made some positive impact to their life.

2. I have learned some cruel facts of reality.

3. I had had a very long career break, possibly the longest career break for the rest of my life.

4. I had a career change, from education to engineering application.

5. Owned a car, and need to pay the bank every month for it.

6. Voted for the election for the first time in my life.

7. Successfully learning how to swim.

8. Went to Taiwan for the first time in my life.

That's all I can think of for now... will update this entry when I get home after work tonight.

UPDATE:

9. While searching for what I wrote on last year's birthday, I realised that I have created this new blog this year.

10. Met a very interesting boss, and I am very thankful of him.

11. Going to Hong Kong for the first time in my life.

12. First time attending my high school mate's wedding.

13. Registered myself to the gym, but have been lazy.

14. Still yet to register myself to violin class.

15. Having the most quiet birthday to date.

16. Successfully influencing some people around me to bring their own lunch box when they go for take away lunch. This is to reduce the consumption of the polyester lunch box.

17. First time in my life, I have received so many positive comments in a year. And I do not know how to react to them.

18. My boyfriend's father passed away.

19. My cat died, and my 16 years old dog died.

20. Bought a new handphone.

21. Reported someone's illegal action in the company, reported it, and lost the friendship from this colleague.

I can see that even after coming to this world for few decades, there are still a lot of "First time" until today. I hope that I will have a more fruitful life in the coming years, and my list of experiences will grow too.

Happy birthday to myself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were what I wrote on my birthday last year: (moved from my previous blog)
1. Got a job in UK, and rejected the offer.
2. Had a good housemate.
3. Went into the tail of an aircraft ruin in Spain.
4. Come home for good after being away for nearly 10 years
5. First time attending my high school classmate's wedding dinner.
6. Bought my first digital camera
7. Travelled to Aberdeen for the 1st time
8. Learned Chinese knots
9. Went to Germany for the first time and got lost in the middle of the city.
10. Finished my French level 2
11. Jobless once again
12. Wrote my first research proposal ever, and didn't manage to get the research grant of course.
13. Had a most wonderful farewell party to date
14. Joined facebook
15. Experienced the shock of car robbery happened to my bf
16. Diagnosed with cervical spondylosis
17. Managed to experience the termination of life-cycle of multiple electrical compliances within two weeks -- kettle, electrical fan heater, central heating, electrical shower and hot water bottle (sigh, this one is not an electrical compliance)
18. Discovered someone's affair
19. Attended an orchestra concert for the first time
20. Got a new pair of specticles after nearly 10 years
21. First time experiencing a lost of life within my hands
22. First time in 10 years, a good night sleep
23. Voice acting for the first time
24. Had my first telescope

5 comments:

Angel said...

happy birthday...haha..

Anonymous said...

Wow! Welcome to my club. Reaching the milestone age is something to be congratulated.

Happy Birthday! Mechanical Melon! :D

Vinegar said...

Thank you Angel and Jaime. ^_^

GGeranium said...

Haha actually found your blog in technorati.com. Happy Birthday! from your little brother. Sometimes, so close yet too far.

Vinegar said...

GGeranium, well, it is not surprising, blogspot is pretty easily found.

Well, thanks for the wishes, take good care G.