Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rooms

Today is my second time talking to customer.

The first time was awhile ago, with another customer, and I have made some mistakes by forgetting some of my points.

The second time was slightly better, as in the conversation with customer become more fruitful, but yet I still left out some points... though lesser.

Anyway, I am happy, as each time when I clarify things with the customer, regarding their tender documents, they seemed pretty ok with it.

May be I am speaking too soon.

Sales is my weakest link, as I have no sense about money, and the logic behind it.

Speaking about money, our office was pretty free over the past whole week, as all the managers (except HR) was away for some meeting. Decamouth brought his own laptop to work, in order to monitor the share market -- We finally found it out today.

He was happily sharing his share market knowledge, and about what he had learned by attending those courses offered by the traders.

Well, none of the mathematical jargons he mentioned was alien to me, but the financial and share jargons really got me lost. Golden Ratio, Fibonacci number, moving average etc, I know these things by its mathematical theory, but didn't know how to apply them to financial terms.

Come to think of it, I guess I need to pick up a bit of economics and finance, since I am now starting to deal with figures. I wasn't interested in business management during my university days, or even my secondary school days, was only because I couldn't understand the meaning of the words.

What is surplus? I know it has a definition behind it, but all I wanted to know, is just whether it is an extra or not enough. The economics text books go around the bush, but didn't tell me what it is.

What is liquid asset? For a teenager who only have money to buy bus ticket, it was two english words putting together.

All these are so similar to my journey of learning musics. I didn't know C D E F G A B was read as Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti.... I thought C was supposed to be read as "see". That was my first step into musics, and I couldn't understand it, which made me gave up following the remaining stuffs like quaver notes, crochet etc. -- couldn't even understand what people were talking about.

Anyway, back to the topic... I guess if there are things that I don't know in this world, I should be happy about it. Just like if there are things that I still need to work on when talking to the customer, it means that I still have rooms for improvements. Sure I make mistakes, but then, it showed me how much I need to improve. I think having the luxury to improve yourself is good, because it makes you grow up. And I am allowing myself some rooms to make mistakes just for that. Of course, don't make mistake on purpose or negligence -- that won't help you grow.

No comments: