Thursday, April 1, 2010

Settling down in Kansas

Arrived Kansas yesterday afternoon, met my boss (L) in the airport. He is a pretty strict guy, I wonder if I could deliver what he expected out of me.

The HR here is a nice lady, she is much more professional than the HR we had in our branch office. She has an a very pretty oval face. So let's call her Ms. Oval.

I was taken care well by L and Oval. The apartment they arranged for me is very beautiful. This is the first time in my life, I had an apartment all by myself - I could have breakfast while surf net on the cute little round dining table, I sleep on a bed so thick which made it looks like a huge loaf of bread, I even have a walk-in wardrobe. I felt as if I am living in the Hollywood movie setting!

Spent yesterday and today cleaning the house, will report to work tomorrow - April Fool.

There are a few priorities I need to sort out now - social security number, bank account, credit card, driving license, and car.

I am sitting on the dining table, looking out to the balcony, the sun is going down on the left hand side, people coming back from work, I am enjoying this serenity before starting to work tomorrow. I wish I could have more of these quiet moments in my life.

I love this little round dining table.

1 comment:

kevin said...

HI Vinegar, good to hear you are well taken care and have settle nicely in the US. Take good care of yourself and have a fruitful and wonderful journey!!