Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Transit in LA

This is the first time in my life, I travelled to USA, and travelled in a business class flight. But unfortunately, my camera went dead on me while I was trying to take a picture in the flight. T_T

The flight is about 17 hours, I don't know if that includes the transit time in Taiwan or not, as I have totally lost count while travelling through the time zones.

I arrived in LA international airport yesterday evening, the infrastructures here are huge, and there are lots of people around. Got around asking for hotel shuttle, and finally got into the hotel around dinner time. I was too tired to have any dinner, and straight went to bed after a quick shower. And I am now all refresh, at midnight 1.30am... sigh, I am so going to suffer from jetlag in the coming days...

The tiping system here is rather strange to me, I find it rather hard to understand.

This long and tired journey made me wonder, when people were sold out of their countries during war, to come to USA working as a slave, what kind of torments they had gone through? Not to mention they were no business class, no clean water supply, didn't speak English, travelled much longer...

I may be naive saying this after landing into this country for less than a day, without exploring anything -- to me, USA is a scary country. I don't know why people flocking in here, I may understand it better one year later. I am having the same fear as someone who entered into the society for the first time, whereby you have more freedom than when you are in the school; but at the same time, the underlying rules are more complicated and you have more responsibilities.

I am going to test my violin when arriving at the destination tomorrow. I wonder how's my violin adapting it.

No comments: