Thursday, March 18, 2010

Different Species

I went to an island, which is duty free, and rich with oil. Naturally, in an island like this, you will get cheap alcohols, expats, and young ladies.

When I was working during the day, I had already started to wonder, if this island is lack of female populations. I doubt was answered when I entered the night club last night, apparently all the young ladies were there. All of them were dressing little, wearing lots of make ups.

I was told some time ago, that the girls here are more expensive than a bucket of drinks. I witnessed it last night. Half a dozen of chilled bottled Carlsberg only costs you RM21; a drink with a lady costs RM28 (note: this is per drink), extra services not inclusive. I won't say the "quality" is competible with those in the country's capital, but I guess you can't ask too much with the price you pay.

These ladies were sitting around the drinking tables, their eyes glowed when they saw expats entering the pub, but turned into confusion when they saw me walking behind the chief consultant. Now that I think of it, it seems that everytime I visited places like this, I was with a group of men.

Throughout the night, I got those strange stares from guys and gals in the pub. In summary, ladies tried to find out if I am one of them, who snatched their business away before they even walked close to the expat; while guys looked at me, trying to find out if I am one of those ladies, who entered the business on the first day, wearing unappealing jeans and huge T-shirt, not knowing the dress codes. The ladies had their "Manageress" come over to check on us, while the guys observed afar. It was like a gang of wolves, saw a lone species venturing into their territory, while the hunters were watching.

I saw a few white men on the next table, surrounded a local lady, with lots of body contact. Later, one of them decided not to play with the crowd, he got another lady and they walked towards the other side of the pub. I think he made a right choice, cause this second lady has a better body than the other one, she literally wears just bikini in the pub. Her youth defies Newton's gravitational law.

I went to the toilet, there were about 10 ladies crowding over the basin, next to the toilet bowl -- putting make ups, chit-chatting, adjusting the bras, even have dinner on the basin. There were one or two of them feeling unwell, squatting down next to the basin, leaning against the wall, hands on their head with painful expressions. The toilet was like their backstage, you see the real faces of them. I had unwelcome glares from the female population in the toilet.

Each time I enter pubs like this, I felt I have entered another world, a world of natural instinct. I have a very strange feelings when I see these ladies and these guys. I feel that I am not a female, nor a male, and do not know how to suit myself.

I guess those guys who went with me were suffering too, cause it would be odd if they were to call for accompanies from the ladies in front of me.

No comments: