Monday, August 1, 2011

Wedding photo shooting session

Went for wedding photo session last Friday.
It was a rainny day, but luckily there was some sun coming out when we went for outdoor session.

I was given 5 dresses for the entire day, one for outdoor, the rests are all indoor. I thought 3 would be enough, but they don't offer anything less than 5.

Anyway, the entire session went well, I am quite happy that both myself and my partner were prepared -- brought my own accessories to match with the dresses, he brought a few more coloured shirts to match with the coats. I mean, they have good accessories, but it didn't bring out the effect I wanted.

The photographer and the make up artist was professional. I was quite pleased with the service then.

We went back on Sunday for choosing photos for the album. I wasn't very satisfied with the photo choosing session, as the person didn't give us a thorough briefing on how and what should we be doing. Instead he intended us to rely heavily on him to do the selection.

I guess it was just a combination of the inexperienced guy and our differences. He probably thought that we were clueless and would give our decision power entirely to him. But our (myself and my partner) way of working are pretty different. We were clueless, but we weren't prepared to rely too much on the others to decide what we want.

We selected 82 pictures out of 300 over shots. I am not used to seeing myself in fine make up and at odd angles, and thought that those pictures turned out unlike myself.

Anyway, the selection went well, we paid extra to get some of the things done. We will get the demo set a month from now, and get the pictures a month or two after confirming the design.

They will be making a DVD displaying the photos on our wedding reception, and we need to decide a theme song to go with the DVD. I have been thinking of Bach's Sleepers Awake, but am still trying to find something better. Canon in D was considered, but would be too soft to be heard in the chatty Chinese dinner hall. Something with brass would be nice...

No comments: