Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

I would like to accomplished the following during this 2012 new year:

1. Finish moving and unpacking my stuff in my new home. -- I have lots of rubbish accummulated over the past decades, which I am having trouble finding time, energy and space to sort them out and place them nicely in this new home. My room is like a war zone now... and will be like this for a long time, because I will start work from tomorrow onwards. This means I have about 1 hour a day to do anything useful at home.

2. Find a suitable job to continue my engineering career. -- I had a nonsensical meeting with the corporate HR the other day. They told me despite my technical competencies and cross-functional roles in the office, they will not promote me nor transfer me to other departments, as it is not within the company's expectation for me to continue developing myself after returning from the USA office. They will, however, train Decamouth to become a better leader, so that myself and Ms England would like to continue working for him.

They requested me to give them 6 months period to see the transformation. Otherwise my resignation will be treated as my personal grudge against Decamouth.

I think it is time to change course. I will find a job in this new year, and leave them to their monkey business.

3. Take care of my own donation accounts. -- My parents have been managing those accounts since I was young. It is time for me to take care of it now.

If possible, I would like to visit these organisations this year.

4. Resume participation in charity work. -- I have stopped participating in charity work since before leaving to USA in 2010. Now that I am more settled, I guess I could take out a weekend per month to join my husband for some charity work.

5. Exercise at least 3 times a week in the park in front of my house. -- I haven't been doing much exercise, and after moving to this new place, there is no more reason, the park is less than 5 mins walk away from my house.

6. Keep in touch with my friends. -- I have been meeting my friends after married pretty frequently, and I love the time spent with them.

Unlike my husband who has all his friends and relatives around the same area, and could meet up for a chat anytime. I need to drive a little further, if not flying, in order to  meet up with my friends, which of course would spend a little longer time comparatively. I guess time management is the key.

7. Visiting my family at least once a month. -- Given that my family is pretty busy, it is hard to find them available at home... But I miss home after married.

8. Reward myself once a month, without blowing the budget. -- I have not been rewarding myself enough throughout 2011, and have dumped all the money at the end of the year for crazy shopping... I am guilty for spending a little too much in the shopaholic shrine.

9. Start growing my own vegetables. -- My passion fruit plant in my house has started producing large, juicy and passionately red fruits for months. I have started planting baby leeks in front of my husband's house. Let's hope it would start growing.

10. Go for honeymoon. -- My husband's friend has bought us a travel package as our wedding present. It is a travel package to Cambodia. We have not claimed or make any bookings, will need to get that done some time soon.

11. Find someone who can carve the world map onto a 4ft tall x 8ft long steel flat plate. I would like to hang it onto the wall in the stair well, and hook up all the fridge magnets collected from all over the world.

No comments: