Saturday, March 24, 2012

Illegal stuff

I have been receiving orders in my sales countries these days, things are starting to pay off.
But despite trying to sell standard products with very little specials, we have problems meeting the delivery time -- for almost all the orders.

One of the project was so desperate and urgent, that I had to place the order prior to receiving PO.

It is illegal.

With lots of sales, meaning I am also having a lot more enquiry.
Decamouth assigned me a few larger enquiries that require a lot of focus in reading the spec, quoting the product, and liaising with our global team. Well, his style of assigning things is always one-liner.

One of our rep. asked me to jack up the price for 200% in order for him to get a better commission, and asked me to whink some figure out for things that have no clear supply scope.

I refused to comply, but had nonetheless jacked up the price for 50% to satisfy his persistance.

I feel that I am doing something illegal.

I raised my work load concern to Decamouth (he is now my boss), and suggested that we could share our work among the team. But I was told that I should learn to manage my work. I mentioned that no one else could attend to those request due to the technical contents of the job, he insisted that I should learn to manage my work and stop complaining. I felt insulted when I am struggling badly and approached him after trying all I have, and even given him a suggestion on how to overcome this.

I guess I should start pushing some of the things that come my way to him. I tried that before on some small cases, and he couldn't attend to them at all (and made lots of noise). So I guess I understand his resistance to my suggestion.

On top of that, I think Decamouth is jealous over my salary. He mentioned to me that I should feel content over the recent 5% increment, because he has none. I laughed, did he think I was naive or stupid, when he made such comment?

1 comment:

JW said...

I would like to praise you for doing the right thing and holding strong to your ethics. Bravo Melon!! ^_^