Thursday, December 10, 2009

Presentation Slides

I know there are many managers out there, who will get their subline to prepare their presentation slides for them.

I have always disagree with this act. First of all, if you do not know the content of the slides, you won't be able to deliver a good presentation. I define good as informative, and useful. There are many presenters who open up the power point, and started blabbing useless things for 10 minutes without even changing the power point slides.

Anyway, our MD gets Cockroach to prepare project costing presentation for him, which I think it is fine, if you need his input on project costing, since he is an operation manager. However, I disagree having Cockroach doing the whole presentation. Nonetheless, I do not know much, so I have no further comments.

Today, our HR manager, get Twoheadsnake to prepare her Regional HR meeting next week. She gave Twoheadsnake the information, and Twoheadsnake was fiddling with her power point slides, while telling me that he has no time to pack up the nuts and bolts from our store for a project. (I was asked to help out, and I latter found out that he did not want to pack up the nuts and bolts, cause they are rather dirty, after being stored in the room for quite some time.)

I did not find out about the slides until when I returned the store room keys to his desk, and noticed an organisation chart on his monitor screen, with my name greyed out from the others. I asked him several times to flip back to that org. chart, he just ignored my requests, acting as if he didn't hear anything, or accidentally rolled the mouse one page too fast, and has no mean to roll it back to that page again.

I later found out that the task was initially handed over from HR to Ms. Azreal, who is now working under our consultant company (but still sits in our office). Ms. Azreal then pass it onto Twoheadsnake.

To me, HR is dealing with confidential information, and it should not be handed over to someone else outside the department.

Let's see what will happen... I am curious about the greyed out name of mine...

No comments: