Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Citibank Scam

There have been various calls from someone, who claimed that they are representing Citibank / from Citibank, offering me some insurance.

It was mentioned that all I need to do is to pay a small fraction of my monthly credit card bill, and continue for 10 years, the insurance will help me to cover all my credit card bills if I were not able to clear them.

Upon rejecting the offer, they will then ask if you have any other insurance covering the same thing as them, and asking how much you paid for it etc.

They even get to the point of activating the scheme for me, if I were to say ok over the phone.

I have called to Citibank for clarification of this scheme, and they are not aware of such a scheme. But Citibank has not been taking any action against this activities, or else these nonsense won't recurring over and over again.

Anyway, please be careful of the scam, these people are not from Citibank, ask for their details, who they report to, and how they get your information from Citibank. I suspect someone from Citibank are selling out the customer details to outsider for money.

Also, I have received some letters, with Citibank letterhead, claiming that I have won some prizes, and asked for my details and participation. I bet these are not from Citibank as well, otherwise they would have my details already. Anyway, just be extra careful and don't get excited over free money, there is always some traps behind it.

No comments: