Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Poor Calculator

My poor old calculator had finally come to its end just now, I murdered it! With hot chocolate.........TT_TT *sob*And I don't usually carry coffee or hot chocolate drinks onto my working desks...

It has been with me for about 16 years, been with me everyday, everywhere, survived through the rains, flood, snow, ice, sweat, and even desert heat. Also managed to survive through the height of building, stress of the exam halls, heat of anger and frustrations, pressure from my body weight, compression of various luggages, interference of magnets...It has also flew across various tables and chairs with rough landings, dropped countless times onto concrete floors, carpets, green fields, muds etc.

It was a tough calculator, unlike those in the market these days.

I love its rubber number pad, it is so quiet and soft, and the numbers are as vivid as ever. Unlike those plastic number pads in the recent calculators, they are noisy and looks cheap.

I also love its functions, which was easier to manuveour. You pressed the numbers first, before pressing the functions (cos, sin etc), which is how we normally work things out anyway. I hate those latter versions, where you have to press the functions first, then only input the numbers. It means that all the workings I have done previously, to determine the numbers, has to be erased, and re-input again... how stupid.

I love its metal cover, those edged in symbols never faded away.

I love its uniform thickness and sizes, the new ones these days have weird shapes, which made it hard to slip it into my jeans, when I need to climb up and down.

Sigh, I wonder if it could be fixed when I got home tonight.
Will upload its photo later.

So long, my beloved calculator. RIP.

========================================

Update: 27 Nov 2009

Oh Man! My calculator came alive!

I was feeling all sad and tried to dry the calculator on my desk under the aircondition, without opening it up (cause I don't have the small screw driver).

It came alive just after a couple of hours!
So I took it home, gave it a good cleaning -- with the dirt accumulated all these years, it was pretty tough to clean it up.

Anyway, the calculator is alive now! And it is all clean. This is what I called the tough calculator -- able to survive the hot chocolate (with sugar and milk)!
So, here's my tough calculator, tada~~!

No comments: