Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Things I have done this year

These are the things I have done in 2008: http://mechanicalmelon.blogspot.com/2008/11/happy-birthday-to-me.html

For this year, let me see what I have done...

1. Went to Hong Kong for the first time, it was Xmas last year. Visit some old friends.

2. Witnessed the real colours of most of the colleagues in my office - Mr. Pig, Ir. Decamouth, Ir. Twoheadsnake, Mr. Cockroach (aka Mr. Bell), Mr. Big (aka Mr. Paramount), Ms. Azreal, Mr. Woodchild etc.

3. Witnessed two retrenchments in a year.

4. Started my violin lesson in March, finally.

5. Went to Kuantan for the first time, for work.

6. Went to Singapore couple of times, only for 1 or 2 days stay, for work.

7. Won IMechE Speech competition.

8. Experiencing Flintstone Age in my office -- Internet got cut off totally.

9. Went for so-called-site-meeting for the first time, with lots of men shouting across the table for nothing.

10. Started and closed a project for the first time.

11. Went to India for the first time, for my boyfriend's schoolmate's wedding.

12. Bought an expensive handbag/workbag, that I have longed for years, for myself in June. Got it carried by my friends all the way from UK, what a sin, sorry mate.

13. Father went to hospital for open heart surgery.

14. Started my voluntary work in Tzu Chi out-reach clinic, but my attendance hasn't been good.

15. A virtual friend, graduated from PhD in USA got into NUS, Singapore as a lecturer, I am very proud of his guts.

16. Met up with old uni-mate after work the other day, to solve for first year engineering dynamics problem... Yes, we are geeks.

17. Jumped two departments within a year.

18. Witness the fear of AH1N1.

19. Went to Sabah for the first time, for work.

20. While I was in Sabah, I went into the Palm Oil Mill for the first time, for work of course. It smelled like margerine. Ha!

21. Talking to the customer as a Sales person for the first time, and hated it.

22. Went to Indonesia Sumatra island for the first time, for work.

23. Bought a pair of Crocs for the first time, after experiencing countless ankle twists with my old shoes.

24. Done my first sales proposal for the first time.

25. Witness the guts to be honest from my boss.

26. Got the news of going to USA for training, but no details after the news.

27. Met up with two of my virtual friend from Shanghai, who got married and come here for honeymoon. I got to know this group of Shanghai virtual friends about 8 years ago, when I was in UK. They had given me a lot of emotional supports, when I was struggling with my PhD.

28. Met up with CX, who has decided to leave academic for good.

29. Received an invitation to join the teaching force in one of the local college, from my ex-colleague.

30. Met up with an old friend, who lost contact for more than 10 years.

31. Made eye-brow trimming as one of my routine.

32. Lost my temper in the office.

33. Tried the most expensive cupcake in my life.

34. Bought a ring.

I guess most of the things I wrote above are trivial and non-specific, there are lot more of these small stuffs, but I can't list them all out. These trivial and non-specific items have brought me lots of memories over the whole pass year, and had made part of me.

I will continue to make mistakes in this next year, and hopefully I can learn faster and be wiser than the rate the mistakes were made.

Thank you everyone for enduring my childish-ness, and giving me the opportunities and trust to learn and develop.

No comments: