Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bye bye U-600

On January 19, 2008, I got a new phone, Samsung U600.

The only reason I got that phone, was because my Motorola, which I brought back from UK couldn't support Chinese Languages. It means I couldn't send/receive Chinese Language sms-es.

This U600 served me 2 years, and it went dead yesterday 12 February 2010.

I don't feel sad, but rather upset, because I have been taking good care of this phone. Not to mention that I am not a heavy user, my average utilisation of this phone is 2 times, using bluetooth or mobile headset - not sliding the phone to answer the call!

I usually talk on the headset, even at home, because it allows me to have more freedom to do other things while talking... such as ironing clothes.

I set my alarm using this phone every night, which is almost the only time in a day, that I slide the phone and press the keypad.

Sigh... With such light usage, it still wears off in two years. Even my motorola flip-phone doesn't go dead in two years. (It only had moody USB connection after 3 years)

Now I couldn't even have any other ways to retrieve the phone numbers! Because the touch screen is no longer responsive -- all the important function keys are on the touch screen...

So, being a mechanical engineer, I have given the fancy electronics gadgets a chance -- I tell myself, I won't buy touch screen phones again. Mechanical stuffs are still more reliable, and predictable.

1 comment:

kevin said...

HI Vinegar, you can get it repaired and I am sure it will work well after that. Good Luck!!