Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jogging

I have picked up jogging not long after arriving in Kansas. Thanks to the German colleague -- he showed me the jogging path which is near the apartment complex. I totally embarrassed myself when we went out jogging the first (and also the last) time.

Since then, I tell myself, I would jog 2 times a week, after work. I managed to stick onto my plan most of the time, and thinking if I should increase to 3 times?

Well, physically there isn't much change for me, as my weight has always been rather constant since young. But mentally, jogging helps me to concentrate better. I guess that's because I don't have good stamina, so I need to really focus on my breathing and my pace.

It takes up about 2 hours each jog, because I am slow, and need to stop pretty often to catch up with my breath. I tend to give myself short targets to achieve, e.g. run from this bridge to the next bridge; or from this sign board to the cherry tree after the turn... etc. And when I manage to achieve the targets, I usually just let myself rest by walking.

I have found another reward to myself recently...

You see, spring is here, summer is around the corner, flowers are out, and in some places where sunshines are better, berries starts popping out. Most of them are blackberries. The wild ones doesn't look as plum and juicy as those you bought from the supermarkets, but it tastes much sweeter. I like to set my targets to the blackberry bushes, and stop there pluck a few and munch along.

I could see some raspberries are blooming. I guess when summer comes, those cherry trees would be all dangling with wild cherries. hahahaha... I guess may be that's why my weight couldn't get down huh?

I also saw some baby hares hopping around, they are so new, they didn't know how to respond when seeing a stranger, e.g. me, right next to them. I really wish to bring them back as a pet.

No comments: