Sunday, December 12, 2010

First snow

First snow visited today, it is unlike the snow I have seen before. It is still snowing now, in fact it is getting heavier.



The snow is like sands, except it is white. It snakes across the streets, just like how the sands move in the Australian deserts.

Went for Chronicles of Narnia just now, and a really good dinner with my friends. I enjoyed walking in the winter night, despite the weather. That is because the temperature is so low, the lights on the streets forms a hue around itself, it is distorted because of the temperature. It looks magical.

As I arrived home just now, I stood outside for a while, and took this picture. It didn't show you much of the snow, but I felt as if I am living in the Prince of Persia's chornicle.



I used to see snow as goose feathers, as stone hard rocks, but I like this sandy snow the best. It sparkles in the dark.

The snow flew all over, tiny tiny crystles of snow, really looks like the caster sugar, or soft sands. It sprinkled all over me, even to my apartment door (on a second floor!) The wind blew so hard, as if all the things that happened this year would be blown away. It is really like the sands of time.

It reminded me of the North wind we had every year end in UK, it blew so hard acros the trees, that it makes a sound that resembles the ocean waves.

North wind comes every year end, I think it visited to help people sweeping away the things they clung on for the year. Reminding people it is time to let go, clear your sack, and fill it up with new memories and experiences in the coming year.

No comments: