Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas at Texas

Went to Dallas for Christmas, visiting my uncle, cousins, nieces and nephews.
I lived like a single-cell animal over the entire 5-day visit, all I did was just sleep, eat and poo. Conversations were nothing brain storming.

We didn't visit any places during that time, only stayed at home. Kids were stucked with the Wii and Xbox. You can't say kids don't get enough exercises these days, the games made them jump and wave.

I went to the church on the Christmas eve, nothing exciting, just seeing parents bringing their kids, all dressed up pretty, singing and praying. The traffic was bad, because everyone is driving, and the cars are big in Texas.... in fact, everything is big in Texas, from house to road to airport. My flight taxied on the runway for 30 minutes to reach to the designated gate! Despite the speed of the aircraft while taxing, you have to imagine the space the aircraft took during that time... yes, it is Dallas Fort Worth.

Anyway, back to Kansas now, and started packing my stuff to return to Malaysia for good.

I am collecting the 25cents coin, with all the 50 states... but I am still 31 states short...

I have been buying fridge magnets since the visit to Washington DC, I would like to build a huge map in my house in the future, with steel behind that map, so that I could stick these magnents on the places I have visited.

I haven't got any from Kansas and Missouri though. And I also didn't get any from UK, India etc... those places I have visited in the past. Anyway, I guess it would take me the entire life time to complete the map quest.

2 comments:

JW said...

Happy New Year 2011!
Well, it is public holiday on 31 Dec 2010 because of winning the AFF Suzuki Football Cup. Another year...another set of new and old challenges.....sigh....well, mixed feelings.

kevin said...

Lets do this collection together!!