Sunday, September 19, 2010

Wings over Whiteman 2010

I was ill for the past few days, because I was performing fan balancing in the rain -- the long wire that allows me to stay in the shades was faulty, so I was forced to use the short wire, and stood close to the fan, in the heavy chilly rain. TT_TT

Anyway, I wasn't weak enough to fall sick. So I decided to attend the Wings over Whiteman airshow this morning. Reason being, when I return to Malaysia, it would be hard for me to get the chance to see these amazing air crafts again... though they don't have my favourite SR-71, but the B2, F-18 and A10 is enough to get me there.

The signage was really good along the highway, and the event was really well coordinated, from traffic to food to facilities to shows.

The weather was really hot, I usually can take it, but was feeling rather weak today. I found a seating spot under the sun, all shades were taken, watched the LIMA acrobatic show and Mig-17F fly by, also caught a Thunderbird took off.

I met my colleague and his family in the afternoon, and not long after we met, the air show gone interesting. It was the F-18's turn to fly! It was really good seeing F-18 in actions, I particularly liked the cobra maneuver.

There was others aircraft shows, while I went to get some drinks. When I walked back to our meeting place, the B2 flew by! I was absolutely thrilled seeing it flying so close and quiet.

Then there was the Golden Knight and others, when it was finally the Thunderbird's turn, I was so dizzy, that I couldn't even stand up. I had to borrow my colleague's foldable chair and sit myself down, while there were many other activities prior to the final thunderbird show. Besides, even if I stood up, I can't even see anything, these men and women are so tall in front of me.

I tried to get up to take some photos when the thunderbird flew around, but I was as close as blacking out, so couldn't really see things clearly. It was lucky enough for me to be able to catch some photos of them.

The thunder was moving in when the thunderbirds flew around, so they were forced to cut it short, and we leave at the end of the show.

It took me about 1 hour 15 mins to arrive to the air force base, and it took me 3 hours to come back - 1 hour stuck in the traffic trying to get out of the base, 2 hours on the road, because it was raining hail! The car was hydroplaning, forcing me to drive slower.

Anyway, I am using my last bit of energy to write this down, before I am throwing myself into the bed... my head is aching badly, and my cold is getting worse... No photos, all in facebook.

No comments: