Friday, November 12, 2010

Greeting Winter with Flu

Daylight saving has just started a week ago, and I am down with flu.
It gone from mere migraine to sore throat to running nose, till totally down in bed.

I hate how Americans cover their cold by telling people they have allergies. Because when I interacted with them, I felt the virus attack, because of the bad breaths from the illness, which pinch my throat.

I don't know how come there are so many people having allergies here, but over the summer, when I exercised a lot, my body was way more healthy. The stupid flu attacked me when I am unable to exercise now, thanks to the short daylight.

I hope to recover as soon as possible, so that it won't affect my trip to the east coast over the Thanksgiving.

At times like this, I am really thankful that I am in the US office, cause I don't need to take medical certificate to proof that I am ill, and entitled a day off work. I can just tell the boss that I am ill, purchase any flu medicine from the supermarket, and stay at home to recover.

But I still have to go to work tomorrow, because I already took last Friday off due to migraine, work load piled up, and I need to get it done before the vacation. Just that I can take it easier than if I were in Malaysia.

No comments: