Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sweet November

Still in the recovery process, but I decided to take a morning jog in a cold windy November morning.

The rain yesterday reminded me of UK, the cloudy weather today reminded me more of UK. The lingering wind stiring the fallen leaves, it is not as strong as those in UK yet.

The jog turned into a walk when I came into the woods.

I love walking in the woods, especially in a quiet morning like this. The air is so fresh, that when you inhale, it pinches your sinus. The trees shiver in the wind, while the leaves seem to enjoy the dynamics and made sound as if they were clapping happily, it even sounded as if they were welcoming your visit. The energetic splash from the river brings sweet rhythm. No more sprinkling system noise at people's backyard.

Eventhough there isn't any sunlight to glaze the path gold, you get leaves to colour it. Red, yellow, brown, purple, all fell onto the deep green grass. I never appreciate purple that much, until I come here. Unlike gold, it gives you a majestic, opulent, yet down to earth feeling.

The scenery also becomes clearer. The bridge that is few turns away, is now so clear in front of you.

If summer is about joy, I think winter is about setting a target for next year. Because this is the time you can see through the woods... although this is just the early winter...

This is something you can't get in the steel forests, you can only get reflection of yourself through the mirrors and windows, it is like entering a maze, and there is no way out.

No comments: