Monday, December 15, 2008

A phone call from the chief judge

Following my previous blog on the speech competition, I have received a phone call from the chief judge over the lunch time today.

The judge was trying to pull me joining the toastmaster's club. When I asked him regarding my feedback on the presentation the other day, (he left right after the competition) he mentioned something vague, which showed clear signs that he did not pay attention to my speech.

He mentioned that I did not gave any examples, but instead my whole presentation was about examples and applications. He mentioned that no one understood what I was talking about, but instead there were interesting questions from the audience that day, which built upon their understanding of the presentation. He also mentioned a few other things, which I didn't want to be rude by telling him straight to the face, that he did not pay attention.

In fact, before receiving the phone call, I have thought about joining the toastmaster's club. However, his overly enthusiastic phone call, and his lack of sincerity feedback somehow puts me off. I guess this is what they called -- one man's meat is the other man's poison?

No comments: