Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ip Man

This conversation took place before I went to HK. And so happened that I found a bus painted with the movie poster for Ip Man, so I took a picture of it, to accompany this conversation among the colleagues the other day...





On an ordinary year end day, when everyone was busy meeting the datelines, L suddenly popped up with a question to H, "H, have you seen I.P. Man?"
H was confused, "I.P. Man? What movie is that?"

myself, "I heard of X-men, Superman, never heard of I.P. Man..."

H suddenly realised that L was talking about the latest kung fu movie starred by Donnie Yen -- Ip Man, so I asked why would L read it as I.P. Man? We couldn't find the answer, until I saw this poster at the back of the bus in HK.

Apparently, all the characteres of the name was written in capital letters, despite the "I" and "M" appeared in larger fonts. So I guessed that why L naively mistaken it.

No comments: