Friday, June 12, 2009

Few Reasons I Like about Radley Bags

I first discovered Radley Bags when I was in UK, after started working. Cause at that time, I started to have some money to spend for something more luxury, and have the guts to walk into some high class shopping centers.

So I found Radley Bags in John Lewis years ago, and never have the heart to buy it, cause it was rather expensive for me. Nonetheless, it is always a joy and pleasure to see Radley's bags.

When I left UK, I thought I could never seen Radley anywhere anymore. I still kept myself abreast with Radley's new design, I simply take it as a movie series to follow. Cause it is hard to find lady handbag designers that are so considerate.

Until about a year ago, in two of the local high class shopping centers, I saw Radley again! But over here, it is a total rip off here. The design isn't the latest, and the price is twice as costly as in UK! Anyway, I still enjoyed touching the Radley bags once in a while in the shopping centers.

So, I had become crazy with work, and thought that I should spend some money to get myself something I like, to pamper myself a little. And happened that my friends are returning from UK, so I asked them for a favour to get me the bag.

And here it is:




The reason I like about Radley's design, is because it is so thoughtful.

The zips all are opened from one direction.

The compartments are all large enough to put everything, and yet won't make your bag look bulky.

There are lots of smaller compartments for you to put your car keys / mobile phones etc, so that you can retrieve them effortlessly without opening the whole bag, put your hand into it, and scoop for it in front of the public.

The designs are interesting yet not too striking.

Every small details are being thought through by the designer, which makes it a pleasure to use the bag.

The only problem now is, I don't match the bag, because I am nowhere near to the description of a "lady". This bag would go well with an image like this:


A lady wearing crisp suit, with perfect white shirt and shinny polished leather heels to work. She has no sweat but nice perfume scent when she walks pass you, and her make-up does not melt under the humidity and has no oily face. She pace are so light and elegant.

This is the real life image:

I sweat even in the aircond office, walk so fast that only the loafer would do me good. My shirt gets so crumpy the moment I carry the computer backpack.
I just look odd with a nice bag like that.

No comments: