Thursday, August 13, 2009

Came back from Singapore

Just came back from Singapore last night, didn't manage to rush back to office for the global staff meeting, which was held at 8pm local time -- the USA was just starting their day while we ended ours. All these were thanks to our very efficient budget airway, which was late for an hour.

Anyway, I was there to check out the construction progress, and I thought it was too short for me to learn anything from the site supervisor. They were just pitching the huge fan blades when I received a phone call from my boss, saying that he was waiting for me underneath the site. :(

I went there with my Engineering boss, I was warned by many colleagues that he is a boring travel partner, cause he talks a lot, and it is difficult to carry a conversation outside of work with him. Well, we all experienced his lengthy words in the office, without having a chance to interupt. Anyway, though he did most of the talking when we went out for a drink in Singapore, but we managed to carry a conversation when we were waiting for the flight, yes, the delayed-for-an-hour flight.

We managed to talk things outside of work, from airplanes to blood type to diet to biology to history of mankind, from cross words to singing Ode to Joy, from astro-physics to Florida to visa to asylum seekers, from rains to bird poos to cat foot prints to cars to pubs to pretty gals... I thought it went pretty good.

I thought he has been protecting himself pretty well, that's why it is difficult to talk about other things apart from work. And I guess this is when general life experiences is important to enrich a conversation. I am lacking of these experiences since coming home...

I am so tired today, due to arriving home late last night. I really need a weekend to recharge. But my batteries seem to run flat before I charge it...

No comments: