Saturday, August 22, 2009

First week in Sales

It was my first week in Sales department last week. To be precise, it is in proposal department, where one reads the tender documents and preparing a bid / quotation to the customer.

There are three people in this department, my engineering boss, who is now the proposal department head, Decamouth and myself. Perhaps it is time to give my boss a pseudoname... let's call him Mr. Porche911, cause he used to own one, and managed to crash it into someone else's garden.

I managed to read two sets of tender documents this week, which almost made me falling asleep.

I wonder what will I be after a few months in Sales / Proposal? I must work hard and be more alert, as I will be working closely to Decamouth. And I will also have to learn up about entertaining people... which is my weakest link.

1 comment:

kevin said...

HI Vinegar, good luck in your new posting. I am sure it will satisfy your hunger for new knowledge and know-how. Mainly sales position is not as easy to master as technical position due to the simple fact that human is the most difficult to handle. Happy Working!!