Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday

There is no violin class today, cause the teacher wasn't feeling well.

I wasn't feeling well from this morning's voluntary work either. I used to sit at the registration counter, but this time, I was in the GP section -- I was one of the GP assistants.

The doctor that I served was a pediatrician, lots of mothers came in with their young babies. Most of them had had bad skin infections, and had delayed for months and months, cause these free clinic sessions only come by once a month, if not longer.

Most of other GPs were late, the one at the next booth was treating flu and AH1N1 suspects, two booths away was another GP taking up the gynecologist role, as the gynecologist didn't turn up this morning.

At the end of the hall, there were three treatment booth for dentists. Kids were yelling all their heart out in under the tweezers.

My role this morning was to assist the pediatrician to take urine samples from the patients. I only managed to serve less than five patients and started to feel anematic. The booth was pretty small, about 3m x 1.5m area, covered by thick cotton cloths, about 2m height. A fan was put behind the doctor, A small table two chairs were in the booth too. There were about 5-8 person in the pediatrician booth at any one time, including doctor, assitants and translators. It was stuffy, and I am having heavy days of the month.

I walked out of the booth to outside the building twice, and given up on the second time I walked out, as I really felt dizzy and couldn't walk straight.

My health seems to have dropped million miles since returned home. I am living in a diminishing return lifestyle here, and don't know how to overcome it.

No comments: