Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How to fight like a man

I read on the newspaper few days ago, there was an article regarding Hillary Clinton, with her three major roles -- a wife, a woman and a mother.

One of the paragraphs striked me, it said something like this -- When all her opponents spread nasty rumours about her, she insisted that she should just tell people what are her visions when she is chosen a leader. She was stabbed badly, because she didn't fight like a man.

I have a rough day today. My contractor bite back on me; walked out of the construction site, after creating a mess; claimed that it is not his mistake, but the manufacturer's fault for producing low quality materials. Unfortunately, he also takes care of my other project, which is technically much more challenging.

For this other project, we had an agreement, verbal, on how things should be done, he agreed. There is no way I could document everything, as he has no email, no fax. Anyway, today, he said he can't achieve whatever we had discussed, and need to revise his quotation.

I got mad, real mad. I wanted to scold, but he was introduced to me by one of our very experienced colleague. So I didn't vent it out, because I respect this colleague of mine.

I tell myself that I do not need to fight with this guy, I just need to remain calm, get my goal right and sort it out.

However, the more I keep quiet, the more I am being taken advantage. Then the article regarding Hillary Clinton appeared in my head.

I am surviving in the world of men, I cannot solve problems like a woman. To hell with the dignity, principles and self-righteous, I need to shoot right into these arseholes' and get them to feel the pain in the ass. Men can't care less about being courteous when it comes to work.

But, how do I do it? I am not a guy, same things that come out from a guy will be 100 times nastier when it is spilt out from my mouth. My voice when loud, is less tolerable compare to guys.

How do men fight? I need to master this skill before dawn tomorrow.

No comments: