Friday, September 11, 2009

Mr. Twoheadsnake

I am feeling stupid for helping Mr. Twoheadsnake for the past few days.

Mr. Twoheadsnake has been taking care of this pump vibration project since I handed over to him about a month ago, and he has been handling it fine.

There are few items in the punch list, which required our action. I have solved another one of them early this week, but because he is now the contact person for this project, I needed him to sign the letter to the customer, instead of myself. It was an easy credit shoved into his pocket. Anyway, I didn't bother, as long as the work is done.

However, today's incident made me upset, and started thinking twice.

Mr. Twoheadsnake promised the site team to be there this afternoon for the vibration measurement of the pump, to witness with the client that the rectification work is making an improvement to the pump vibration.

He told me he didn't want to go, because he wanted to settle his personal stuffs at the bank, and asked for my advice if he must go. I didn't give much advice, but asked him to make his own decision whether or not he should be going to the site. He then gave me his computer password, saying that there is an email he drafted, he wanted me to send that email off his PC to the customer upon receiving his instruction. He said he will be monitoring the project from phone, and will try to make it to site when he finishes his stuffs at the bank.

When he left the office at 2pm, he made everyone known that he was leaving to the client's place. But I knew very well that he wasn't planning to go there. Having the trust that he will monitor the project over phone contact, I didn't make any comment.

Later in the afternoon, he called me to say that there were some hickups on site, that his drafted email wasn't useful anymore. And requested me to send another email to the customer, from his PC, informing that the work was done fine, not revealing the hickups, and trying to get the rectification work to continue for the remaining pumps on Monday.

I couldn't understand his explanation on the hickups, so I called up the site supervisor. I found out that it was only some small issues, and it was resolved easily.

While I was drafting an email in my laptop, requesting for permission from the customer to continue working on the remaining pumps, Twoheadsnake called up to say everything has been resolved, and that I should send an email to the customer mentioning the successful outcome.

I was rather annoyed at that point, as the way he put it sounded like he solved the hickups, while in fact I was the one that was supporting the supervisor from the office. I didn't follow Twoheadsnake's advice of sending the email off his PC.

When Cockroach asked if my email was based on Twoheadsnake's feedback from site, I said no, but it was from the supervisor. I didn't want to mention that Twoheadsnake didn't go to site.

I made one mistake before I left the office -- I went to shut down Twoheadsnake's PC, which required me to login to his PC with password. It was done in the presence of another colleague.

Meanwhile, the supervisor also told me that the whole site team, with the client was waiting for Twoheadsnake to show up, cause he told the supervisor that he was on the way -- that was around 2.30pm. They received his phone call at 5pm, telling them that he won't be there.

Anyway, this incident has given me an insight of Twoheadsnake -- he only took me as a person that can cover his ass, and to take credit from. This is not the first time I discovered his tactic of telling two different stories to different people. Along with him ally with Ms. Azreal to spread nonsense in the office these days, today's incident of trying to take me as a scapegoat to cover his absense at work, just blown my final respect to him as a Professional Engineer (PE).

No comments: