Friday, September 4, 2009

Mrs. Azreal

Following my previous post about women fight. Mrs. Azreal is showing her feathers today.

One of my project is rushing for a client's inspection next week Thursday. The fact that next Monday is a public holiday doesn't make things any better.

There were a few outstanding things to be iron out before the inspection, which we will need to sort out some assistance from various vendors. But there was only one thing that was noticed by the client. The client will highlight this particular issue (Issue A) over the inspection.

Vendor A has given us a quote to sort out Issue A; so does Vendor B to Issue B. But as Issue A is more urgent, one must spend more time to urge the vendor to speed things up. Issue B could wait for a little while, and get fixed after the inspection.

Mrs. Azreal asked me the delivery date of Issue B this morning, and I have explained to her that there is no need to expedite Vendor B; however Vendor A's reaction has been slow and we need to get Issue A sorted out before next week's inspection.

Mrs. Azreal took note of that, but yet still continue to chase Vendor B, and almost launched an email war zone between us and Vendor B (the whole project department were all cc-ed in the email.) She felt very important when the war was on.

I got mad when the Vendor was begging us for longer time frame to delivery the goods, and wrote an email to everyone, requesting people not to confuse the focus for next week's inspection target. That eased off some pressure on the Vendor. Mrs. Azreal was not happy about it, but she knew she screwed up my schedule.

She had not spent any single effort to sort out things in my project, but was busy bargainning for some cheapo pressure gauges for Twoheadsnake (on the other project that I have handed over to him). She had spent the time to check if I have carried out a conference call to settle with the project management stuffs, and bugged someone else to question me why didn't I conduct a conference call. All these project management stuffs have nothing to do with her, and she had time to muck about. She even tracked if I have done my tasks (some of the emails which were sent to me got her in the cc list also), and openly questioned others for my action taken on the tasks, (but I do not necessary include the original mail list when replying to the sender) thinking that I have not taken any action.

She taught that she had covered herself well, by phoning Cockroach every few minutes, when Cockroach is busy at the funeral of his mother in law. I somehow pity Cockroach for having Mrs. Azreal in the department.

Lucky for Mrs. Azreal when it comes to the end of the day, when the client called to postpone the inspection for another week. And Vendor A managed to find a better solution for what was holding them back.

I do not want to interfere with what happened with Mrs. Azreal work. As usual, when the boss that I report is not around, I prepare a summary of tasks for the week. I have mentioned every single matters that I and the site supervisor has dealt with, and listed out the items that needed advices.

I have no comments on people who do not have a priority mindset like her, and trying to cover her mistakes by finding faults on others.

On the other hand, Twoheadsnake stood on her side, and said that we women are too emotional to work with each other. It is better for him as a man to deal with women. Well, this is not surprising. This is not the first time Twoheadsnake made such sexist remarks to me anyway. Did I mention before that he also carries the same title as Decamouth -- Ir.?

I will try my best to remain professional, and let the facts speak for itself.

No comments: