Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fruitful weekend

I went to the ballet show -- Men in Tutus, on Saturday night. It was a very entertaining show. I loved the "Dying Swan" the most.

The show wasn't too long, it lasted about 2 hours, with 20 minutes break in between. But it started pretty late, so by the time it ended, it was already 10.30pm.

Those male ballerinas were all transformed into pretty ladies after dressing up. They are very muscular, and some of them are really tall. I didn't realise how tall they are, until the "dying swan" came up the audience crowd to take picture with some of the audience during the performance.

There was a photo session with the male ballerinas after the show, but it was too crowded, so I didn't get close.

I had an early start today (Sunday), and went to visit one of my secondary schoolmate with few friends. The one that we visited today was all time no. 1 in our class, I lost touch with her after secondary school, she just came back from Taiwan for holiday. I am so glad to meet her today. She has transformed into a pretty mother, with a very cute baby girl. And her husband is a gentleman.

So 5 ladies sat together, with two were already mothers, our discussion topics seems endless.
I enjoyed an afternoon with old girl friends. Someone told me that secondary schoolmates are the best friends in life, cause they have seen the worst of you. I am starting to understand it now. Though I don't know when will we be meeting each other again, but meeting them sure brings back lots of nostalgic feelings.

I once thought that I am nothing better than a working machine who only sleep and work, everything surrounds is surreal. But meeting them made me feel alive again, in a real world.

1 comment:

kevin said...

HI Vinegar, thanks for the recommendation for the great performance. Really enjoyed myself too!! Never thought it could be so entertaining and fun. Also, thanks for being such a great partner for the show. Cheers..