Saturday, January 30, 2010

Twoheadsnake vs Decamouth

What do you get when two-heads meets ten-mouths?

I was sitting near Twoheadsnake and Decamouth the other day, waiting to be seen by the HR in her office, and overheard the following conversation between them, which was targetted at me...

Decamouth, "You know, my professor told me that my research is one of the best among all, he wanted me to continue my studies in Master and PhD. He said my research worth a lot of paper published."

(Decamouth is a Bachelor degree holder in the same local university as Twoheadsnake. He graduated as an Industry Engineer, while Twoheadsnake is a Master degree holder in Civil Engineering, one step higher than decamouth... if you compare the degrees they hold)

Twoheadsnake, "Well, I actually prefer to study overseas, if I have the money, I would go overseas to continue my studies to have a PhD."

Decamouth, "It is not easy to maintain a PhD degree, you need to publish a certain amount of papers to hold that Dr. title..."

Twoheadsnake, "Well, I don't want to do PhD that are mostly simulation works, I have tried those myself in my Masters... those are con-man PhD."

(I have not published anything since I left academic field years ago, and my PhD based mostly on simulations. But I enjoyed hearing their conversation, it is kinda like listening to 5 years old telling the 3 years old, how big is the world.

Anyway, for those who couldn't sense the chemistry up to this point -- Decamouth was trying to focus the conversation towards me, "their common target"; but Twoheadsnake was trying to "kill two birds in one stone", by put me lower than him, while trying to put himself one step higher than Decamouth....)

Twoheadsnake continue, "I think being a civil engineer, it is better for me to get some hands-on PhD."

Decamouth, "Well, I don't want to do a PhD,"
(Oups, you could see Twoheadsnake was trying to hide his dumbfolded expression. Hahaha... Decamouth was obviously upset that Twoheadsnake trying to minimise him.)
"I have better things to do in life, I wouldn't waste my money to get a PhD."

Twoheadsnake, "I guess you are right. We both have family now, and our focus of life is different than those being single." and used his eyes to signal Decamouth, that the subject of the topic is me.

(Twoheadsnake couldn't win Decamouth, and didn't want to upset him by trying harder to win the conversation. So he tried to find a common ground between them, and put the arrow towards their common enemy -- me.)

They HR called me in there, so I didn't hear the remaining conversation, but I guess you can see the chemistry between Decamouth and Twoheadsnake there...

I hoped you enjoyed the conversation between the two idiots in my office. Have a great weekend ahead.

No comments: