Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More politics

After my resignations, I wrote to my ex-bosses in the US office, thanked them for their effort training me, and apologised for letting them down for I am leaving the company.

One of them wrote back and asked me for the reason to leave. As I replied the email, I told him that the MD rejected my initiatives to pick up on other roles (sales or operational) and I felt there is no longer any prospect for me in the office. My technical role in this office has been stagnant since I came back from US.

I also wrote about the nonsense with the HR, for delaying my company hospitalisation plan for nearly 6 months, while I was travelling to various jobsites without coverage.

The reason I wrote that is because I didn't want to be misunderstood for leaving because Decamouth, instead of myself, was promoted to the Technical Manager position.

This news eventually got to the president, and back to our MD. The MD called me to his office on Friday afternoon, and we had a long chat on this. He painted me a very promising career future, but when I asked for the timeline for these things to materialise, he couldn't say a word. He asked me to give his words a good thought, and give him a reply on Monday.

I felt as if I was presented with Monet's drawing of the lily pond, but there isn't a route to access to that pretty lily pond.

I only had one condition, which was not to report directly to Decamouth. This can be easily done, as my job scope is currently overlapping the sales, the operational and technical. In fact, even Porche the current technical manager doesn't interfere with my work -- we take care of different product lines.

The MD could easily put me under operational (Cockroach) than in technical (Porche/Decamouth).

I felt that the MD was fooling with me by telling me a (possible) good prospect of my career, without a concrete plan for the office and without addressing my concern.

I rejected him this week, and finally the MD said something that proves me right -- Decamouth have been influencing the MD, and he succeeded.

He asked me what's the problem between myself and Decamouth, I said I find Decamouth is a person that do not deal with things fairly and not transparent. He then stood on Decamouth's side and said that I have pushed back some of the tasks to him, and asked him to deal with it himself. (I don't think it has anything to do with fairness and transparent with this claim.)

As far as I remembered, I only did that once, as I was busy dealing with some other more prioritised projects at that time. While his request was well within his capability to handle, I left him with adequate information to move forward.

It seems that he took that opportunity to back stab me, and the MD apparently stood on his side. In fact, this is not the first time the MD brought out this same incident.

I told the MD that I have not been mentioning anything in particular about Decamouth until today, which made his argument of "listening to both sides" during our discussion unjustified, and led me thinking that he has some favouritism going on.

With this in mind, I think there is no reason for me to speak further, as the MD has tuned his channel to listen to some, and has refused to make alternative arrangement for my request, despite my few suggestions. I firmly rejected his request for reconsidering the resignation, and said it loud and clear -- I do not report to a boss who is unfair and not transparent. I would rather face the unknown future than walking down a cul-de-sac.

Meanwhile, England also spoken to me over the lunch today about Decamouth's conversation with her. She said Decamouth claimed that I wrote to the US HQ about not wanting to report to him, and have talked bad about this office. Decamouth also said that he thought what I did was disrespectful to the management in this office.

I laughed, because he thought too highly of himself, I did not mention a word of him. Also, whether it is disrespectful to the office or not, while the management of this office is incapable of dealing with the inefficiencies here, I think I am doing the right thing for revealing the truth.

I also think that Decamouth got the information from the MD, and he is under some pressure, since myself and England has approached the MD at different time to ask for not reporting to Decamouth.

Nonetheless, I hope that by revealing the dynamics of this office, it would help improving the operations in the future.

No comments: