Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Resignation

The internet in the office was down the entire day, it was both the problem with our service provider, and our server being too old.

We have wasted the entire morning until about 2.30pm, before our HR manager said that we can go home early.

During the whole morning I went out to buy envelops, configured my laptop to connect directly to the printer and printed my resignation letters, signed, gave one to Porche before lunch, and to MD and HR after lunch.

Porche knew I was going to leave anyway, he gave me his recommendation letter. The MD was rather surprised that I would turn in my resignation, and was in a denial phase. He seemed to have forgotten what he told me last time. He also twisted some of the conversations we had. Anyway, he said to me a couple of times, "You are making a wrong decision."

I told him eventually, "Right or wrong, it is my decision."

He did not say anything, I left the room to pass a copy of the letter to the HR. The HR did not ask anything, and at the same time Azreal went into her room for some other things, I am very sure they talked about my resignation.

I feel sad for leaving the company, when I first send my letter to Porche, my hands were shaking. I have put in a lot of effort to my work, in order have the knowledge of what I have today. But there aren't any need for me anymore. I guess to certain extend, Porche would feel more disheartening than me. He has been with the company for more than 10 years, and the office just doesn't need any heavy duty technical support anymore -- it has turned into a pure sales office.

Anyway, despite all the nonsense in the office, I am finally leaving. I just need to count down to my last day of service, and start looking for a job.

1 comment:

JW said...

Timing may be in your favor. So you may relax for the next phase in life. I think you are bold in making such decision. In fact 2 major decisions this year. It will be for the best.