Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally, the moment has come...

From the day I sold my car, canceled my insurance, bank accounts, drove the rental car to returned the rental car...

From the day I started having farewell lunches with every group, to attended the annual dinner on my last day of work...

From the day I had exit interview, to distributed thank you notes and said good bye to everyone...

From the day I spoke to the shipping agent, packed stuff at home, until the moving agent came by to pick up the goods...

It didn't occur to me that I am leaving so soon, until my shipments were collected, until I returned my car. The apartment suddenly seems so empty and impersonal again.

I am feeling very sad to leave Kansas. I have met a lot of amazing people here, and learned a lot from them. I also felt more comfortable in my own skin here, and I managed to have some good night sleep here.

I am feeling very anxious about going back to Malaysia, because I will face those stupid nonsense office politics there, and losing my freedom and sleep at home.

Nonetheless, the moment has come. Things that happened over the past 10 months cannot be repeated again. Even if it were repeated, it would never turn out the same anymore.

Though I felt that I am still desperately trying to hold on to every chance to learn and absorb everything from everyone. But it is time for me to let go. It is a good time for me to go back to the office and re-establish my image in front of those office bullies. It is time for me to apply what I have learned in Kansas.

I may stumble and fall, I may be hurt, but I must walk this path to be more mature in managing myself and handling situations. It will be a fruitful year of rabbit.

No comments: