Saturday, January 22, 2011

Last day at work

Spent the night before the last day of work finishing all the thank you notes to people I worked with. Spent three quarter of the last day distributing the cards.

Some come back with me with comments, some just kept quiet. I don't know if it is appropriate to send cards like this or not.

When DT (a Malaysian colleague of mine, who is employed by the Kansas office) got to know the cards (before I sent it out), he became sacarstic and thought I have taken too much attention from others.

I thought of many ways to show my gratitute since summer 2010, from making souviniers to sending thank you emails, it turns out this is the way that suits me well. Words that sounds cliche to say it, turn out alright when written in a card.

I thought hard about DT's words, and decided to ignore it. That is because, being the first person sent from overseas to the headquarters for long term assignment, I already grabbed a lot of attention from others, whether I like it or not.

So I guess I shouldn't worry about the side effects, because no matter what it is, there is always a good and bad side.

My last day of work also coincide with the company's annual dinner, which was hosted together with some other companies in Kansas. Most people in the dinner was from our company though.

I felt awkward to go alone, and wasn't feeling well due to the headache that comes from lack of sleep. Nonetheless, I was happy, and had some fun. I guess I would have had more fun, if the headache wasn't there, because I could then have a clear mind to join the gambling tables.

No comments: