Saturday, April 4, 2009

Not feeling well

I have not been feeling well over the past two weeks, it gets worse for these two days. But I am not weak enough to fall sick, I just feel fatigue and need some good rests.

I know I need to give myself a break, but I don't want to take the annual leave, because I don't want to waste it for such things. Instead, I guess medical leave would fit better. However I can't see the doctor for being fatigue, I won't be granted a medical certificate to take the leave.

My fatigue started off by having a slower brain, I take longer time to finish some simple things, it gets worse over the two weeks, and eventually I made mistakes and cannot judge a situation well enough to react appropriately, forgetful, my mind gets jumbled up, can't talk or write fluently. Yet I haven't fallen sick yet, I couldn't ask for a medical leave.

I then lost my sleep, have constipation, can't focus on anything and feel down. It got so bad yesterday that I was "floating" around when I walk. I decided to stuff myself with food to gain enough energy to pull through the day, and eventually I got nausea, and need to see the doctor for the bloated stomach. She did not want to grant me a medical certificate for a half-day leave until I told her a couple of times that I felt dizzy and couldn't walk properly.

I went back to office, passed that medical cert. and came home during lunch time, slept the whole day, and now I feel a little better. At least my mind is starting to gain back some of its consciousness now.

I can't help but wonder, is there a legal way I can get a day off during work, when I am feeling fatigue? I don't want to spoil my stomach like yesterday to get that half day leave, cause until now I am still suffering from the consequences.

2 comments:

imissw said...

oh dear... do take care!

legal way? well, get a medical cert. or worse case, apply for a half day leave? u'd feel much better after sleeping in for one day.

another suggestion - do u take vitamin supplements? that may help with yr fatigue.

hope u'll have a much better week ahead!

Vinegar said...

Thank you Mun Onn, I am feeling better now.

Yeah, I take multi-vitamin supplements too. I guess it is the sudden increase of mental stress that causes the fatigue...

Well, I thought it would be more appropriate to fall into the category of MC, than Annual Leave. Cause I need that leave to cure the weakness. But doctors don't usually sign off the MC just because one feels fatigue...