Monday, July 12, 2010

British food

Sigh, after seaching for 3 months, I have finally come to know that THERE IS NO FREAKING MARMITE IN USA!!!!

I am so sad.

As I surfed online for alternative Marmite supply chains, I have come to know that Marmite is a British stuff. Man, I used to hate British food, because they are plain, the only seasoning would be salt and pepper... BUT, I have finally realised that I have been taking things for granted, they have the ebony elixir -- Marmite!

The worst thing is, as I browsed, I found out more things that I missed... like the Bisto gravy. I used to love having Christmas turkey with lots of gravy. Even having beef with gravy. I would make the meat swim in the pool of gravy.

But in Kansas, though the beef tasted good, there is no gravy! The only sauce most people use here, is the BBQ sauce. How disappointing.

Sigh, I used to complain about British food so much, but now I am craving for their Marmite and thick brown viscous gravy.

It is sad that the Americans don't even know what they have missed.

No comments: