Monday, July 26, 2010

Dumpling and Soccer

Weekend activity: Dumpling and Soccer.

Went to a Chinese colleague's house on Saturday, and was having some kitchen chat with her.
We were supposed to made dumpling together, but my skill was so bad, she ended up making all of it. And my responsibility was to finish those dumplings.

It tasted real good, and I came home with an over-fed stomach.

I intended to keep the Sunday open, so that I could do some window shopping in the shopping mall. So I pushed away the frisbee game with other colleagues, rejected the lunch with some fellow Malaysians in the sushi restaurant.

I woke up late, had a good chat with CX in Derby on the MSN. Didn't know the built in webcam in my new laptop actually comes with built in microphone as well. Awesome. So we both gave each other a house tour by carrying the laptop around.

By the time we are done, it is already 2pm, and if I didn't leave the house by then, it wouldn't worth going to the shopping mall any later. So I drove out... as I was about 3 miles away from the shopping mall, I received a sms from Mr. Techno, asking if I would like to join them for the soccer game -- Manchester United vs. Kansas Wizards.

I longed for that game since before the World Cup, but reckoned that I couldn't find anyone to go with me, nor do I know how to get the tickets. So I gave up and never thought about it.

When his sms came in, it didn't sink into me, that it is this weekend that the Man-U is playing. I continued driving for a while, and finally realised that I should probably join them. Made a U-turn 1 mile away from the shopping mall, made a phone call to Techno and I was there 1 hours before the game starts.

Didn't bring any camera, the lousy phone could take picture, but couldn't download it.

Half way in the second half, the football went to the audience seats, someone threw a beach ball back to the field instead.

Lots of people brought their Vuvuzela, I thought that was plain annoying.

The game was pretty disappointing, Man-U players seemed to have totally drenched themselves in their own sweat, running very slowly. We decided to leave early, it was 15 mins before the game ends, MU 1 - KW 2. It was an embarrassing match in my opinion.

Generally, I think it is a good experience -- watching live football definitely feels different than watching it in front of the TV.

Ironic enough, I rooted for the Royals last week for the baseball game, they lost. I rooted for the Manchester United this week, they lost. I guess next time I shall root for the opposite side instead.

No comments: