Sunday, November 16, 2008

Words 1

I have been marking the lab reports from my dear first year engineering students... here are two "great" sentences that I would like to share with you:

1. The more brittle the material is, the less ductile it becomes.

2. According to figure 2, the mechanical efficency of the machine increasing at a decreasing rate.


It is a challenge to mark the these reports, ya know.

Herea are something that I have said a while ago:

1. I parked my car so nicely, that I can't get out of my car. (Too close to the wall)


2. My dog has a bad smell, so we washed the dog. After washing it, the smell is still there. (huh?)


3. Class, the conservation of energy is very important, you must forget it. (Yay! One less thing to remember)


4. Me: Why is the moon so red tonight?


BF: Tomorrow is the 15th day of the lunar calandar.


Me: Yeah, I know, that's why it is so red. But it is round... (I wanted to say "It is round, but it is red.")


BF: ...



5. Friend: Why are you driving so slow?


Me: Because I don't want to drive fast.



6. Me: The fruits are so fresh, it smelled like sunshine.


BF: How do you smell the sunshine?



7. Stranger: Excuse me, how do I get to XXX Bank?


Me: Walk there, cause there's no car park.


Stranger: ...... (I want directions!)



8. Me: I am lost, I don't know where am I now. (talking to bf over the phone, hoping to get direction)


BF: Where are you now?


Me: I am in XXX, but I don't know which part of XXX is this.


This was what my mum said, when our cat was sent to the vet:


4. Has the cat called home yet?


This was also my mum's statement, when my brother was eating biscuits in his room:


5. Don't stand there and attract ants!

No comments: