Sunday, November 16, 2008

Words 4

Just thought of something that happened in the hotel dining area the other day. My boss, colleague, me and our customer was having a dinner, discussing some engineering issues.

My colleague ordered a local delicacy -- Sago Gula Melaka.
The presentation of the desert was great, it was served in a small white bowl, with a small transparent sago dome placed in the center, immersed into the coconut milk cum coconut sugar, topped with a bit of sour cream and a little strawberry.

I spoke without thinking and interupted the ongoing conversation, "Your desert looks like a 15 year-old girl." My colleague stopped his spoon halfway in the air, looked at me... not sure if he should continue eating...

====================================================================


I was on a phone with my friend, then suddenly my friend noticed that I didn't respond, and asked what happened to me.
My reply: "I know I need to do something today, but I've forgotten about it. I need to remember what I forgot."
My friend fainted at the other end of the phone.

Similar incident...

My boss asked if I have anything to tell him.
"Yes, I do have some questions, but I need to digest them first before asking."
My boss got so puzzled...

Another incident...

"I need to go to bank today, but I wonder if I have already gone to the bank today."

Or...

"I knew that I have forgotten something, but only until now that I remember what I have forgotten -- the towel."

No comments: