Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Eclipse on first day of CNY

There was an eclipse on the first day of CNY, yesterday.

My relatives came to my house yesterday afternoon, by the time they left, it was about 5.45pm. We noticed that the surrounding was darker than usual when we opened the door. One of my cousins mentioned that there is an eclipse, he handed us some CDs and asked us to try viewing the eclipse with it.

So anyway, I saw a new-moon-shape of the sun, which was pretty cool.

Eclipse is believed in the Chinese folklore to be negative, especially when it happened on the first day of the year. Anyway, eclipse has come and gone, my noisy relatives has come and gone (and will come again), surely the difficult times in our lives will come and go.

=====================================================

While I am having my CNY holidays, I have spent almost the whole day watching videos. I have watched the 1980's Jane Eyre series, and Sense and Sensibility, the BBC three episodes mini series. I liked the Jane Eyre better, may be because I have read it since secondary school.

Looking at the sceneries in those two series, I really missed my days in UK.

No comments: