Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mr. Bell

Sigh, I should probably draw up a chart for the relationship between all these people in my office. Anyway, let's introduce you our Mr. Bell.

Mr. Bell is a mysterious person in the office, no one knows his job title, no one knows what he does. We all know that he is a director, and kinda think that he deals with contracts and proposal clauses. He has recently taken up an extra responsibilty as the project director, since the formal project director has left his position. Mr. Bell is also a strong ally for Ir. Decamouth.

Mr. Bell was trying to put our department on the grill since long time ago, he has caused my boss some difficulties to explain situations with the Managing Director, he is also good in manipulating information. But this morning he failed -- He tried to claim that we were late for completing the submittal drawings, by refering to the wrong schedule. Somehow I feel that he is too cunning of an old bird to make such obvious mistake... there must be something up in his sleeves.

Anyway, Mr. Bell's "effort" has resulted a little shock to Mr. Pig, he is now cutting down his chatting/dilly-dally time. However Mr. Pig was fighting back very hard today for not wanting to take responsibilities for his mistakes, he even claimed, "It is not my job to ensure that the drawings are correct at every detail." and refused to make corrections to the drawing.

I felt that he was very irresponsible to make such a statement, and told him with a stern voice, "xoxo, everyone makes mistakes. It is alright to make mistakes, but one should correct it as soon as it is identified, instead of finding excuses or picking on others."

Mr. Pig was shocked, and quickly continued to murmur that it wasn't his fault, I carried on by asking him if he could meet the deadline. He refused to answer, and his eyes were red. I walked passed him, and went back to my seat behind him, continue to demand for his answer for the deadline, he finally gave me a very upset "uummm!".

I wonder if I am doing the right thing. I do not want to upset people, I was only being stern with his overboard statments. As usual, my mother said that I am not doing the right thing, and I should buy Pig a lunch, cause I probably have hurt his ego. Sigh... what ego do you worth having if you can't even have the guts to make corrections on your own mistakes? I wonder...

Do you have any better ways to face the ever stubborn person like Mr. Pig?

No comments: