Monday, March 23, 2009

2nd & 3rd Violin Lesson Summary

It was my 3rd violin lesson yesterday. We were taught to hold the bow finally.

The week before that, we were told to practise with the metronome to get a good feel of the beats. I didn't have a place to practice, cause the noise from the metronome is rather annoying, and I get a lot of complaints from people around me when I tried practising it.

So for the 3rd lesson, we need to incorporate what we have learned in week 2. We need to play D string in tune with the metronome.

Everyone in the class seems to be able to hold the bow fine, except me. My fingers seem too stiff to do it. I know practice makes perfect, I need to find a place where I can make noise with the violin without upsetting anybody.

Since I arrived to the office early, so I started bringing violin to work today, practising it in the car before the office hour starts. I will try going down the the carpark later during lunch time to practise more.

My first attempt this morning wasn't good, cause my car is rather small, I kept knocking on things around me, and the car seat is no good for holding violin... Nonetheless, until I found the next best place, I will have to survive with this for the moment.

1 comment:

kevin said...

HI Vinegar, hope to hear some beautiful music from your violin sometime in the near future. Keep up the good job.