Monday, March 16, 2009

Off the beats by miles

Well, my second violin lesson has not started playing it yet.
My teacher has been very strict, he insisted that we should have a strong basic before learning to play it.

So he got us to hold the violin for 3 minutes, which most of us failed after 1 minute. He wants us to make it more than 3 minutes by this coming Sunday.

He also taught us on some basic musics theory, which mainly consists of how to intepret them.

I have always confused why those ABC are read as Do Re Mi, and always thought that they are different things. Well, yesterday was the first time I realised that they are the same. -___-! Yeah, I know, I didn't pay attention to "The Sound of Musics".

The next difficult thing is to get the beats right. It was rather difficult to grasp the feeling of time lapse. We always focus on the moment when the beat hits, but not the time it lapsed. It took me a while to understand this. The teacher wants us to be able to count the beats even when we are sleeping.... >_<" I think if one practises enough, perhaps even with breathing it has a rythm... May be that's why when we see those who knows musics, they seem to give a kind of aura...

No comments: