Friday, March 13, 2009

The touch of nostalgic wind, and the hue of the long missed surrounding

As I walked out the house this morning, a gentle wind blowed at me. That wind, I experienced it a lot when I was going out in the morning during my secondary school. It is soft, rather warm with the right temperature, touch of freshness, with the smell of salt and soil and the scent of the water washed mango tree leaves... it has the scent of rain.

It brought me back to my teenage years, when I was running out of the house under the pouring rain. Whole body wet, waiting for the bus to come in the bus stop.

Those years... all brought back by this nostalgic wind.

As I arrived to the office just now, I was surfing the net before starting to work in 30 mins time. I saw some pictures taken in the UK recently by others.

The hue in the picture, shows the always gloomy days in the North. The sunshine there is always insufficient, no matter what time you get up, there is always a hue in whatever comes before your eyes. Even those pictures with sunshines, it always seems more disperse.

I can practically feel the chill on my face watching those pictures, the warmth of wrapping myself under the jacket and scarf, the cold on my earlobes, the scent of the tar under this kind of weather, the sound when walking on the road under this kind of weather.

I miss those days living in the hue, no wonder I always felt like living in the dream when I was there, that I have always been feeling fear to wake up from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your style of blogging had began to be more expressive, more personal, and somewhat more "artistic". And it is welcoming to see this style coming from an engineer like you. You're amazing, a left-brain-cum-right-brain person. Yay!