Saturday, March 28, 2009

Changing stories

While most of the people in the office are good in pushing things away, their techniques are considered intermediate, compared to Mr. Bell.

I have several encounters with Mr. Bell recently, whereby his words and email doesn't correspond to each other. He pushed his responsibilities to me, while stating our conversation back to me via email afterwards, with stories totally changed -- sounded as if I am taking initiatives to take those responsibilities. And if those emails were to be sent to me only, it would be instructional email from a boss.

He is also good in planning his act, he knew that I would discuss with my boss before taking action, therefore he would say things to my boss first, so that when I tell my stories to my boss, I would be perceived as "stirring up an issue".

If he founds out in time, that I have spoken something that he did not covered himself for, then he would interupt my speech and cover himself with more stories.

I am very upset to have been continuously portrayed as a lousy fella, but can't do anything about it. Mr. Bell is very good in covering himself so far, it is hard to pick up his nasty things with evidence.

I know what I typed here sounded very vague and trivial, that's because I couldn't find any solid evidence over what he have done. Even with things that he said, he usually says it very soft so that others can't hear it. Besides, his office has sound proof walls, and he hardly walks out of his office... basically you have to talk to him in his office anyway.

Mr. Bell somehow reminds me of the cockroach. You can smell the cockroach when it is around you, damn irritating; it shows itself occasionally when you are least prepared. But it is a challenge to try hitting it, not to mention that it is so hard to get rid of cockroach...

Let's change his name to Mr. Cockroach from now.

No comments: